Yes, I did just reference Dane Cook. Surprised? I think not. Friday night my good friend Lindsey graduated from high school and for her party, she decided she wanted to go out to dinner and then go clubbin'. So a big group of us went to Red Robin (her fave restaurant) and then we went to FX. It's like 11:30pm when we get there and we walk in and NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE is there yet. Of course there are the creeper guys standing on the elevated wall, but other than that no one was dancing and the first 20 minutes were so awkward. Once Lindsey, Jackie, Amanda, Seth and I started dancing in our little circle though, things got better.... at least until some guy started dancing with Jackie. Now we were all pretty relaxed about it because it's just dancing- not a big deal right? Wrong. It made two of our friends really mad and they left and went to the car for 2 hours while we continued to have a good time. While Lindsey, Anna, and I were talking we saw this tall boy with a honking schnoz come on the dance floor and it ended up being a guy from our church! So if you haven't said AWKWARD yet, now is the time to do it. Since he was there I think it made a us a little more self conscious because we don't really know him all that well and I was worried he had other friends from church with him. Thankfully, that was not the case. However him and Anna danced for a while... very weird, by the way. Lindsey ended up spotting a guy she wanted to dance with and I was hanging out on the wall for a little while. I'm not really a good dancer but if I'm with my girlfriends it's fine... since I wasn't though I got to be the awkward wall flower. Once Jackie and Lindsey had their fill of boys we all went back out on the floor and started dancing in a circle again and that was a lot of fun until some guys started getting up on the two of them. Now I didn't want to be by myself in the middle of all of these people grinding so I just held Jackie and Lindsey's hand and wouldn't let them go. So by definition, I am a twat swatter.
A lot of drama ensued after that night. Well, to be honest, a lot happened before it too, but it's not really worth discussing... I've already made a color coded chart tracking all of it just so I can keep it straight. On Sunday, Pastor Paul gave a sermon about friendship and I am pretty sure he was speaking right to us. I tried getting all five of us together but Jackie had to work so I cancelled. I think a discussion about friendship will only be productive if we are all present. So that is kind of where we are at right now...
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment