Monday, July 6, 2009

raft camp

so Blythie Poo, I don't know if you know, but Rob and I were not on good terms (at least in my book). Well, at raft camp Steve preached on Philemon which, to sum it up, is a from Paul calling Philemon out because he is choosing to not forgive Onesimis for something that, at this point, doesn't even matter. So for four years I have been dealing with this hurt caused to me by someone in a leadership position and let me tell you, definitely not fun. At camp I was finally ready to let it all go. It wasn't worth it to me to carry around this burden and be stagnant in my walk with Christ. Granted, I have grown a lot even with this on the back burner, but at this point in my life I just couldn't go further without reconciling the situation. After our study one night Steve challenged us to write a letter to someone, either asking for their forgiveness or telling them that they have hurt you or just thanking them for being an encouragement in your life. After four years, I knew what needed to be said so I walked down to Rob and Liz's camper and just let it all out. To be perfectly honest, I'm sure I freaked them out because here I came, some chick who doesn't really interact with them and I'm all shaky and nervous. Oh yeah, and after about 46.2 seconds I started crying because that is just how I am. Long story not really short but shorter than the original, I forgave Rob and I asked for his forgiveness. The slate has been wiped clean and I feel amazing. Seriously to have a refreshed heart after four years? I wish I would have realized it earlier, because I wasted a lot of time.

Raft camp was an eye-opening experience and God presence was felt. His voice was loud and clear, and I was truly, truly listening.

Blythe, I don't think that was exactly what you were planning on reading but it's truthfully what is going on in my life. Crazy, right? Seriously, after living for the world for so many years, I just want something better, you know? And that something better, is and always will be my relationship with Christ.

No comments: