And I'm closer than I've been before.
So the past few weeks have just stunk. Reasons 1 - 5 are below.
1. My core group of girlfriends are in a funk and to explain it simply:
A is mad at B, C, D.
B, C are irritated with A.
E is mad at B.
D got in a fight with E.
E in the midst of this all has found a new group of friends that does not include A, B, C, or D.
2. My brother and I got in a huge fight which ended up in a family meeting where more tears were shed and I realized a lot about myself.
A. I crave attention because growing up, I did not receive it. At least not in a postive way.
B. When it comes to my family, I am not an effective communicator.
C. I still need to learn how to hold my tongue and watch the things that I say.
D. There is more, but I am currently processing it and I don't feel like I am at a place where it can be shared.
3. School has still been in session. 'Nuff said.
4. I am been so caught up in worldly things that I have forgotten (or just simply not cared enough) to read my Bible.
A. Seriously, the last time I wrote in my Jesus Journal was 10 days ago.
5. Since I've been so overwhelmed by life, I haven't cleaned my room and I am currently out of clean clothes. Which may not be a big deal to some, but I used to work retail and I have enough clothes to last me through the Apocalypse. Not anymore....
But last night, in between sweeping all of the water out of my garage (it flooded. long story.) and having a conversation with a man who is much wiser than me, I realized that through all of this junk God is talking to me. And all I need to do is listen.
I'm listening.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello! :)
Post a Comment